Monday, January 7, 2008

BRING IT ON!

Welcome to Biggest Loser Challenge (Boot Camp edition).
I am your Cpt. Seargent HPHILLIPS, and I will be leading a charge towards healthy lifestyles and lighter frames over the next 10 weeks (until March 19). After that time, we'll pick up again with a new edition.

Personally, my goal is to lose 22.8 lbs by March 31, 2008, so I'm focused, motivated and I like to work hard. I'm an all or nothing type of person, which can lead me into trouble in this area - but my new motto is "keepin' on, keepin' on". I struggle through this journey at times, just like anyone else.

If you want to learn more about my journey back from (almost) 200 lbs, what I am eating drinking/fitness I am doing, you can check out my SparkPage. If you need help, or wanna chat, look me up via e-mail or MSN at therecreationalhols@hotmail.com

We have a myriad of wonderful leaders, who I will introduce you to soon, plus their teams. In these teams, there are several categories in which we are competing against each other:

-Weight Loss
The team with the highest % of weight loss wins each week. At the starting WI (Jan 9) you need to post on your team thread your current weight (weight that day or most recent WW weight). Team with highest % of weight loss receives 2 points.

-Participation
Weigh in day is Wednesday. If you do not like to weigh yourself at home or on that day, you can use your most recent WW weigh in. All personal stats must be posted on the WW Fitness Challenge board ONLY prior to 10 pm PST on Wednesday. We expect everyone to post every week, regardless of the results (good, bad or ugly), hey, we’ve all been there and there’s no shame in anything but not participating.
Team with highest % of participation receives 2 points

-Tracking
Eat it, track it, love it. The plan works best when we follow it, so we are going to reward your dedication by giving you real incentives to track everything, and follow all your 8 healthy guidelines.
10 pts per every day followed (max 70), bonus of 30 pts if all followed.

-Exercise
Physical activity can be a lifesaver – literally. When you’re active 30 to 60 minutes a day, most days of the week, you can dramatically lower your risk of heart disease and stroke. Regular activity also helps prevent and control risk factors such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and obesity.
1 pt per minute of INTENTIONAL exercise

-Toning (Interval & Strength Training)
We’re going to teach you how to get the most out of your workouts by giving out a few basic exercises to try each week, or adding in intervals/intensity into your workout.
1 pt per minute of STRENGTH TRAINING or INTERVALS


-Lifestyle
We’re going to get your head where it needs to be to fight this war on unhealthy eating and obesity! We’ll discover what your motivation is and how to keep the goal intact.
50 pt per challenge assigned each week

Lace up your sneakers and let's get going into a healthier 2008!
Cpt. Seargent HPHILLIPS

No comments: