Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day 2 - Gaining Steam!

ARE YOU PUMPED YET?

Thanks to all who "ran" with me last night. I got a chilly 37 mins under my belt, and I realized it was not warm enough to NOT be wearing some type of jacket. Silly me! I also did 15 minutes of my Yoga Booty Ballet DVD - it rocks! If you haven't checked it out, you totally should. My boyfriend has admitted to finding it at Wal-Mart.

Did you know?
Exercise improves your mood.
Exercise stimulates various brain chemicals, which may leave you feeling happier and more relaxed than you were before you worked out. You'll also look better and feel better when you exercise regularly, which can boost your confidence and improve your self-esteem. Exercise even reduces feelings of depression and anxiety.

Here's what's on tap for today:
Cardio: Do 30-60 minutes, whatever you are comfortable with normally, and add intervals. Basically, this means you are going to kick it up to a high intensity for 1 min. I usually do 5-8 of these every time I workout. It just BLASTS the calories.Examples: biking hard for 1 min, jogging instead of walking, skipping rope for 1 min, etc.

Lifestyle: Take your measurements (hips, chest, bust, neck, arms, thighs) – no need to share them with everyone, but write them, with the date, on the back of your certificate. Here is a printable measuring tape, if you don't have one.

Tracking: Keep going! Don't forget your water!

No comments: